Material Handling and Distribution Operations
Do you enjoy being active? Organizing and coordinating tasks with others? Are you attentive, dependable and good at solving problems?
Then you may be a good fit for Job Corps’ Material Handling and Distribution Operations training program.
On the job, you will ...
- Oversee activities that include purchasing, transportation, inventory and warehousing
- Direct movement of a range of goods, people or supplies, from common consumer goods to military supplies and personnel
- Move stock to prepare for shipment or distribution
- Record number of units handled using production sheets or work tickets
Some of the career options you will have ...
Individuals with their Material Handling and Distribution Operations credentials typically go to work for a warehouse or at a shipping pier. Operators spend most of the day on their feet and often carry large or heavy items. Most work full time.
The credentials you will earn ...
In the Material Handling and Distribution Operations training program, you will earn industry-recognized credentials and/or state licensure. Students should also earn a state-issued learner’s permit and driver’s license upon completion of the program.
What you’ll need to start training ...
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent (can be earned at all Job Corps centers)
- Completion of all introductory and career preparation courses
- Passing scores on all written and performance tests
- Meet academic (math and reading) requirements