MEDICAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
CUIDADO DE SALUD
One common job title for this career is medical secretary. Medical administrative assistant duties may include greeting patients, scheduling appointments, filing insurance claims, and answering incoming calls. Day-to-day office functions are part of a medical administrative assistant's tasks.
Detalles de la Carrera
Students in Medical Administrative Assistant are trained in the following subject areas:
- Schedule and confirm patient diagnostic appointments, surgeries, or medical consultations
- Greet visitors, determine the purpose of their visits, and direct visitors to the appropriate staff members
- Answer phones and transfer calls to the appropriate staff members
- Manage financial records
- Understand health insurance policies
Antes de entrar al programa de , los estudiantes deben:
- Complete all required activity in the Career Preparation Period, including Career Exploration and Career Success/Workplace Skills.
- Obtener fuertes habilidades en matemáticas y lectura.
As a Job Corps student, you will have the opportunity to earn credentials in your training area that may lead to greater employment opportunities, higher wages, and promotions.
Medical Administrative Assistant Cifras que hay que conocer
Potencial nacional de sueldo para esta carrera
Completion times vary by training area. Check with your admissions advisor.
While on the job, you will be expected to display the following traits at all times:
Atención al detalle
Preocupación por los demás
Tolerancia al estrés